Best 5 HESI A2 Study Guides
10 Min Read
Table of Contents
- 1. HESI Admission Assessment Exam Review 5th Edition
- 2. HESI A2 Secrets Study Guide
- 3. HESI A2 Study Guide 2023: Exam Prep Book and Practice Test Questions for the HESI A2 Exam
- 4. Test prep books HESI A2 Study Guide 2023
- 5. HESI A2 Flash Cards: HESI A2 Flashcard Study Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
The HESI A2 (Health Education Systems, Inc Admission Assessment) test is used for nursing schools to screen applicants for admission into nursing programs. Also known as the Evolve Reach Admission Assessment, the HESI A2 is a multiple-choice test with five scored exam topics and one unscored personality assessment. The five scored sections of the exam include English language, basic Math, Biology, Chemistry, and Anatomy and Physiology.
In this curated list of the best HESI A2 Study Guides in 2023, we have rated each to help you find the perfect study companion.
5 Best HESI A2 Study Guides of 2023
Being prepared for the HESI A2 exam is the first step to becoming a successful healthcare professional. This study guide, produced by HESI itself, is a user-friendly one that walks students through the topics and question types found on all sections of the exam. Including hundreds of sample questions, as well as step-by-step explanations, illustrations, and comprehensive practice exams, this study guide aims to prepare nursing-school-hopefuls with both concept knowledge and test-taking tips.
The HESI A2 Exam Review Guide is written in an easy-to-read format with consistent section features. There are “HESI Hints” boxes in each section that offer valuable test-taking tips geared towards boosting student’s confidence on Test Day.
The presence of both a pre-test and post-test, combined with 200+-question-practice-exams, sets this study guide apart from the rest on this list. These allow potential nursing students to identify specific weak areas so study time can be focused where it is needed most. The 25-question pre-test, at the beginning of the text, helps assess areas of strength and weakness before using the text. Additionally, the 50-question comprehensive post-test at the back of the text includes rationales for correct and incorrect answers.
- Written by HESI, the creators of the exam itself
- Access to additional online resources for further study
- Well-organized information, easy to understand
- Teaches to the test sections
- Lacks in-depth reviews; most reported using for a quick refresher since it lacked comprehensive explanations
- Reports of incorrect information in the concept explanations and practice exams, as well as grammatical errors
- Reports of technical issues with the digital version
Mometrix Test Preparation’s HESI A2 Secrets Study Guide is a top prep resource for students who wants to pass the extremely challenging HESI A2 exam. It includes practice test questions with detailed answer explanations to help students know if they are on the right track. On top of a complete review of all HESI A2 test sections, Mometrix also gives readers tips and strategies to help them achieve best performance during the test.
In addition, HESI A2 Secrets Study Guide also provides students with video tutorials as online resources to help them master difficult concepts. The review study guide is filled with the critical information Nursing-School-hopefuls need to do well on the HESI A2 exam: the concepts, procedures, principles, and vocabulary students are expected to have mastered before sitting for the exam.
- Detailed explanations of all information for HESI A2
- Can be used on its own or as a companion study guide
- In-depth explanations of all practice problems
- Several minor errors in some key concepts
- Technical issues with the digital version
Trivium Test Prep’s HESI A2 Study Guide 2021–2022: Comprehensive Review with Practice Test Questions for the Admission Assessment Exam is not a typical exam prep study guide. Because study and preparation time is limited, Trivium created a product that goes beyond what most study guides offer.
With HESI A2 Study Guide 2021–2022, students can benefit from a quick but total review of everything tested on the exam with current, real examples, graphics, and information. These easy-to-use materials give test-takers that extra edge you need to pass the first time.
Trivium Test Prep’s HESI A2 Study Guide 2021–2022 offers a full review of what students need to know for the HESI exam, as well as practice questions for nursing-school-hopefuls to practice and improve skills. Additionally, students can benefit from test-taking tips to help students score higher on the HESI A2.
- Organized information and easily digestible
- Gives students a breakdown of the most common mistakes on the exam
- 300+ practice questions and a full practice exam
- Thorough explanations and examples
- Teaches to the test
- Only one practice exam–less than other study guides on this list
The Exam Prep Book and Practice Test Questions was made by Test Prep Books experts for test-takers trying to achieve a great score on the HESI A2 exam. This review guide includes a quick review of the topics, test-taking strategies, and practice exams.
Studying can be hard, and that is why Test Prep Books created this review guide. Each section of the book has a comprehensive review created by Test Prep Books. These reviews go into detail to cover all of the HESI A2 test topics. The practice test questions are followed by in-depth answer explanations, to help students avoid missing similar questions.
Knowing the latest test-taking strategies is essential for passing the HESI A2 exam. These strategies are necessary to properly use the time provided. They also help test takers complete the test without making errors.
- Organized into a review of all test topics
- Breaks down top test-taking strategies
- Most of the questions are harder than the actual exam
- English and math sections are strong reviews
- Users recommend needing to use this as a secondary resource because it is not comprehensive enough
- Science sections are not in-depth enough to use this resource alone
The HESI A2 exam is the key that unlocks the doors to most Nursing students’ future. Preparing for the exam with the Mometrix HESI A2 Exam Flashcard Study System can give test-takers a great advantage when taking the test. Thousands of satisfied customers have relied on the Mometrix HESI A2 Flashcard Study System to help them pass their exam, through rote memorization of key terms and concepts.
The Mometrix HESI A2 Flashcard Study System is packed with the critical information students need to master in order to ace the HESI A2 Exam. Study after study has shown that spaced repetition is the most effective form of learning, and nothing beats flashcards when it comes to making repetitive learning fun and efficient.
HESI A2 Exam Flashcard Study System uses repetitive methods of study to teach Nursing- school-hopefuls how to break apart and quickly solve difficult test questions on the test. The flashcards study system enables students to study small, easily digestible bits of information that are easy to learn and give them exposure to the different question types and concepts. With these flashcards, test-takers can study anywhere, anytime.
- Portable and Easy to used anywhere
- Research-proven for learning
- Easy-to-understand language and easy-to-read font
- Perforated edges to prevent paper cuts when going quickly through cards
- Helps streamline the potentially overwhelming amount of information on the HESI A2 exam
- No table of contents, makes it hard to quickly return to a concept for reference
- No container to hold the cards when not in use
The HESI A2 exam is one of the most challenging and competitive standardized tests out there and the key to success is proper preparation. We have curated this list of the top 5 HESI A2 study guides in 2021 to help you find the perfect study guide for you. Happy studying!
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a good HESI A2 score?
The HESI A2 exam is scored on a scale ranging from 750 to 900, with 900 being the best score possible. While you don’t actually “pass” or “fail” the HESI exam, every school has its own standards, for each subtest, required for admission. This score is presented as a percentage that reflects the average weight of all the test items on an exam and the average weight of the test items answered correctly. Therefore, this conversion score is a weighted percentage score that is used to compare a student’s score comparatively.
Most nursing programs require their applicants to score a minimum of 85% on the HESI A2 exam to be considered for admittance. Most programs use this scale to determine eligibility:
- 70-79% Remediation Needed
- 80-85% Needs Improvement
- 85-90% Average
- 90-100% Above Average